I love playing pranks on my friends and family and what better time to do that than April Fools Day. Last year April Fools Day fell on Easter Sunday and of course I saw a great opportunity to get my nieces and nephews with a hilarious April Fools Day joke. So I decided to get them with the one thing I knew they couldn’t resist, cake pops! They absolutely love cake pops! So I started my plan….
What was the one thing they hate more that anything? Brussel sprouts so that was how I was going to get them by making brussel sprouts into cake pops.
First I found some brussel sprouts that could pass as a cake pop it they were dipped in chocolate. I boiled them for about 15 minutes to make sure they were soft so if they bit into them they’s get a nice big bite of brussel sprouts.
While I waited for them to cool I got a small box and poked holes in it for the kabob sticks in the cake pops and wrapped it with tissue paper. Also I poked wholes through the tissue paper.
Then cut kabob sticks in half and used the pointy side to stab the brussel sprouts on the base, make sure you don’t poke all the way through them.
Next I heated up some dark chocolate chips and coconut oil until smooth. Set out a cutting board with wax paper to set the “cake pops” after dipping. When the chocolate is smooth dip each brussel sprout head in the chocolate rolling from side to side until the green of the brussel sprout is completely covered. Set them on their side on the wax paper to cool.
You can decorate them anyway you’d like but I added a few sprinkles and they looked good enough to eat! Place them in your fancy box with holes in it for presentations and WHAM! Your bound to get some chuckles.
This was a huge hit at our Easter. The kids laughed so hard and they even took the leftovers to the next Easter gathering they had to get their grand parents. The fun lasted all day!
8 Brussel Sprouts
1 Bag Dark Chocolate Chips
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
1. Cook brussel sprouts in boiling water for 15 minutes or until soft.
2. Cut kabob sticks in half and poke the brussel sprouts 1/2 way in so it looks like a cake pop.
2. Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil on low heat, stirring constantly until melted.
3. Dip brussel sprouts on the kabob sticks in the melted chocolate rolling from side to side until covered. Set on wax paper to cool.
4. Decorate with sprinklers or anything that you like.
Brussel Sprout Cake Pops
- 8 Brussel Sprouts
- 1 Bag Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Sprinkles
- Cook brussel sprouts in boiling water for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Cut kabob sticks in half and poke the brussel sprouts 1/2 way in so it looks like a cake pop.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil on low heat, stirring constantly until melted.
- Dip brussel sprouts on the kabob sticks in the melted chocolate rolling from side to side until covered.
- Set on wax paper to cool. Decorate with sprinklers or anything that you’s like.
Here’s a great prank kit with some really funny ideas! Prank Kit.
If you have a great prank you’ve done before comment below and let me know your story. For more recipes and fun subscribe to my recipe list. Thanks for reading and happy pranking!
Please note that this article does contain affiliate links and I make a small profit if you order through them. Thanks!